Yolanda Be Cool aka duo Sylvester Martinez and Durango Slim are seasoned producers/DJs who have been around the world stomping their anthems to the masses.
After recently signing their new album ‘Ladies and Mentlemen‘ onto Steve Aoki’s Dim Mak label as well as collaborating with Gurrumul, we thought the pair who are most famous for their ”We No Speak Americano” single that topped the British, Spanish, German, Mexican, Argentinian, Danish, Swiss, and Ecuadorian charts are qualified enough to tell use where in the world is best to play.
In coordination with their up and coming Sydney club show at Cakes World Bar this Saturday, we caught up with the duo to discuss. So here is Yolanda Be Cool’s ’5 clubs every dj should play at’
5. Space Terrace Ibiza – Was a dream come true playing there. Amazing sound system incredible vibe. We once debated whether the dj timed the breakdown of the tracks for the exact time the planes flew directly above the dancefloor as it would shake the whole place. The next day we decided they didn’t:)
4. XOYO London – Not as epic as Fabric but equally amazing on a similar but more intimate tip
3. Webster Hall NYC – More of a live venue than a club but incredible place to play. We have had a couple of crackers there over the years.
2. Panorama Bar Berlin – Probably the best 2 – 48 hours of clubbing you will ever have in your life if u can get in.
1. DC10 Ibiza - Best club in the world hands down. we dream of playing there. Might have to change our name first:) We have done some epic missions in between gigs flying around europe just to get a Monday afternoon in at this place.